U.S. hotel performance dipped slightly from the previous week, which was the annual travel peak, according to STR‘s latest data through 30 July.
24-30 July 2022 (percentage change from comparable week in 2019*):
- Occupancy: 71.9% (-3.8%)
- Average daily rate (ADR): US$158.32 (+18.3%)
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): US$113.90 (+13.9%)
While absolute levels were lower than the week prior, comparisons against 2019 levels strengthened.
- Among the Top 25 Markets, Nashville reported the largest occupancy increase over 2019 (+4.2% to 77.8%).
- San Diego (87.4%), Boston (85.5%), and Oahu Island (85.3%) led the major markets in absolute occupancy for the week.
- San Diego posted the largest ADR gain over 2019 (+33.5% to US$259.01).
- The steepest RevPAR deficit was in St. Louis (-22.2% to US$74.33).