Europe is the only world region showing increased hotel construction activity in comparison with the end of Q1 last year, according to March pipeline data from STR.
March 2021 (% changes in comparison with March 2020)
- In Construction: 258,129 rooms (+26.9%)
- Final Planning: 181,101 rooms (+23.7%)
- Planning: 155,615 rooms (-8.8%)
- Germany (51,785) and the U.K. (36,919) lead Europe in total rooms in construction.
- In Construction: 462,795 rooms (-3.4%)
- Final Planning: 183,105 rooms (+17.5%)
- Planning: 270,350 rooms (+4.0%)
- Among countries in the region, China has the most rooms in construction (283,893), followed by Vietnam (28,657).