SiteMinder (ASX:SDR), the world’s leading open hotel commerce platform, has today launched its 2022 Changing Traveller Report, revealing that the urge to travel is stronger than rising inflation, and the already popular ‘bleisure’ travel trend – combining business and leisure – is pushing new preferences that are set to change the hotel sector.
The largest accommodation-specific traveller survey globally, the report surveyed more than 8,000 travellers from 10 countries, uncovering five key traveller trends shaping the next phase of travel recovery across the world:
- The Macro-Travel Trend: The urge to travel is stronger than rising inflation
- The Digital Influence Trend: Right now, travellers are the most winnable consumers on earth
- The Bleisure Trend: Working travellers want the hotel of the future, today
- The Trust Trend: Every digital touchpoint matters for the new trust-critical traveller
- The Human Connection Trend: Tech-enabled travellers are not willing to compromise on human connection